What is the ketone diet?
For starters, the proper term is ketogenic diet or keto diet. The basic idea behind the ketogenic diet system is to avoid sugars, including carbohydrates. This is the short answer for "what is the ketone (ketogenic*) diet?"
What does a Keto Diet Plan Consist Of?
Foods can be broken up into three main types: fat, protein, and sugars (carbohydrates). When following a keto diet plan, the key is to avoid sugars (carbohydrates). Other things to remember:
- Eat three main meals daily and do not leave yourself hungry for long periods of time, there are a variety of keto-approved snacks!
- Each meal should include 4 to 6 servings of protein (about 30 grams) & you should not remove any grease or dew.
The perfect Keto Diet Plan Infographic
How Should I Be Consuming These Foods?
Meat, fish, and poultry
- All types of cooking methods are available in all three meals, all types of marine fish or other seafood, or fresh red meat (sheep, lamb, camels, cows...) and all kinds of poultry of birds.
- It is important to note that some types of cooking uses flour or squash (such as the prostate squash) or rice (such as stuffed pigeon) to flavor the food, and all of these foods are forbidden in the system as it will come.
- Some types of grilled meat (especially in Western restaurants) are used in cooking sauces and should be avoided.
- Vegetable oils used in frying may contain large amounts of trans fats. It is preferable to use grease, animal butter or olive oil instead.
- It is best to minimize canned meat as it contains unhealthy ingredients.
- When cooking, preferably use olive oil or animal butter instead of vegetable oil.
- All types of cheese are allowed in this system, as long as you read the nutritional information and avoid cheeses with high carbohydrates.
- Avoid all types of low or skimmed cheeses because they contain higher sugars.
- Have no more than four servings of cheese daily
- One or two serving of whole cream, free of sugar or flavorings, and one serving of about 30 grams.
- All vegetables that are normally used are allowed in this system as long as they contain the natural composition of sugars. Caution should be exercised as the presence of large amounts of fiber may prevent the rapid absorption of sugars
- Some types of salads are added to Bulgar (such as tabbouleh). Avoid these starchy and sugary ingredients while having salad.
- Include vegetables in each of the three main meals.
- Use animal butter, free olive oil (cold ear), mayonnaise (canola oil and no sugary additives), canola oil, coconut oil, sesame oil for cooking and flavoring.
- Many spices contain the components of sugars (hidden sugars), read the ingredients well and avoid any spices with sugars
- Ketchup, roast sauces, and some types of hot peppers contain many sugars in their composition, which should be avoided and try to find an alternative free of sugars and starches. If you get the right spices, you can add them to the main dishes or salads.
- Water (six to eight glasses a day).
- Tea (without sugar).
- Coffee of all kind (without sugar).
- Tea from different plants (anise or cinnamon) without sugar.
- Industrial Sweeteners: it is not recommended to use artificial sweeteners in general, and preferably consume beverages using natural flavors. If you need to have artificial sweeteners, such as Stevia, take care not to exceed more than two small packages a day.
Foods to Avoid on The Keto Diet:
- Polysaccharides and complex sugars (Starches).
- Rice, noodles, bread of all kinds, and starchy grains of all kinds (wheat, barley, maize) (whether white or wild bread) and products such as cornflakes, pastries, muffins, and others.
- White sugar, plant sugar, and sugar-based products such as ready-made sweets (Galaxy, Twix, and others).
- Fruits and everything related to them such as fresh or canned juices.
- Soft drinks (sodas).
- Potatoes and starchy vegetables such as carrots, whether fresh or ready.
- Legumes such as beans, chickpeas, lentils, and other pulses because they contain relatively high sugars.
- Bovine and yogurt.
- All diet products (low-fat), whether juices or food.
- All fast food restaurants.
- All foods containing or cooked in oils
*Avoid nuts at the beginning, or two weeks or more. If your goal is weight loss & you lose weight, you can return to it as a snack once or twice a day considering the proper proportion of sugars in it.
Hope this answers your question, "what is the ketone diet?"
See Related Posts
Keto Diet Plan
What is the Keto Diet
blood ketone meter